Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Post-Post-Structuralist Family

So this morning I woke up to my phone ringing - it's my ex-step-mother! This is my dad's second wife (not the third who we hate), they were together for a time when I was a small child. She has a son who was raised as my brother and who I consider my brother - my dad still has visitation with him, although not legally. So my dad and step-mom break up because step-mom doesn't like men, whoops!

So, she calls me and asks me, do you have a tattoo? (I do!) and then she asks where I got it. Knowing that I would have done my homework and gone to a safe/reputable place (which I did). It was just so strange dishing about area ink joints with my lesbian ex-step-mother and realizing that I was experiencing the Modern Family in action.

No comments: