Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cast of Characters

This is me. Just so you know, I wear leather and fur, but I don't buy it new (the suede and shearling coat came from Rock Star Rags, 2 dollars).

This is my husband in the scarf and hat set I made for him last winter. He is also a graduate student, as well as a web site starter-upper. We were married by a dear friend June, 22, 2007. He is also referred to as Boybee.

This is Sisko, our one and a half year old, orange tabby, domestic short hair cat. Yes, he is named for Capt. Benjamin Sisko of Deep Space 9. Yes, we are big dorks. Friends of ours found Sisko outside of our apartment late one night when he was 5 months old. He loves to be carried around like a baby and have his belly rubbed; sometimes we wonder if he is actually a cat.

This is Feanor, also known as Feh-Feh, our one year old, flame point siamese cat. We got him at the Humane Society when he was 5 months old since Sisko needed a brother and I love having multiple cats (I want a third but the Husband and the Landlord wont permit it). Feh loves having his belly scratched and is too lazy to be chased around the house. (BTW, points to those who know where his name comes from).

This is Nirvana, our one year old ball python. We got her after Boybee fell in love with a friend's ball python, and I knew that I had to give in and become a snake-owner. I have since come to appreciate and enjoy having her around, letting her coil around your arm is incredibly relaxing. I use she/her pronouns, but her actual sex is unknown to us, I just like not being the only girl in the house.

Other characters include my assorted family and friends who will introduced as necessary.

No comments: