Monday, January 16, 2012

Pregnancy is AWESOME

No, not really. Kind of gross, sort of embarrassing TMI that I just needed to share ahead!
As some may know, I am a brewer of beer, mead, wine, and random alcoholic things that just sound cool (one day I will make you try my Cock Ale! It's like chicken soup and beer had a disgusting baby!). So it should come as no surprise that I like to drink. Luckily, this whole "being pregnant" thing has made alcoholic beverages smell so gross to me that I have not had any problem limiting my consumption to none.  Prior to gestation though, as an "adult" I had learned my tolerances and limits and drank rarely and to a healthy degree. But it was not always so. You see, in college, I had no clue what my tolerance/limits were and I set about to find them scientifically! As you may imagine, this led to exciting stories, stories which I mostly recall.

Today, I believe that I have surpassed even the best of such stories which involved a port-a-john and my steadfast belief that I would never walk again. And. Worst of all. I remember each gross, barf-filled moment. Let's just say that my bathrobe will never be the same. Thank you pregnancy.

And now an entry into the "conversations I never thought I would have" logs:
Me: Does my face still smell like barf? I washed it.
Boybee: Only a little bit, but near your ear you smell nice. [he sniffs my ear]

No comments: