Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Photo Shoot!

When putzing around on FB during my lunch at work Friday (I lead such a glamorous life, I know), I noticed that a friend who is a hobby/semi-professional photographer was looking for models for a shoot. So I volunteered. I did some modeling for friends in college (shoots which often involved sitting in the snow for hours holding very, very still while crazy cameras bigger than my torso too shots through vaseline covered lenses) and always enjoyed it. Furthermore, I don't know how many of you, dear readers, have ever been three months pregnant, but, it's just not a very pretty time in a woman's life - I have more acne than I ever did in middle school and my belly just looks pudgy, not pregnant. I thought, here's an opportunity to do something fun and feel pretty.

I threw some outfits that fit the theme in my car and drove out to the meet up spot. Can I just say how much I like having my make up done by a professional? It's amazing! My eyes popped. My zits disappeared. My lips looked full. And! All of a sudden I had cheek bones! Amazing. After about 45 minutes of make up and some hair touch ups, I got dressed and we drove out to the site.

Now, all week we have had unseasonably warm and sunny weather, so of course Sunday was cold and cloudy. The photographer decided to make the shots (taken at 3 pm) all night shots and you wouldn't know that they weren't taken after dark if you hadn't been there from the lighting.

TL;DR Version: I got my picture taken and looked pretty! Many thanks to Mike Martin at www.thevikingstudio.com for an awesomely fun shoot! Continue for pictures!

swords and serious business


"Ah, but I know something you do not know. I am not left handed!"

No comments: