Thursday, July 24, 2014

Random Things!

There was this FB meme going around, so I'm going to share my answers here too! Also, for those who care, I ended up buying some sea foam green leggings and already have the tunic cut out for my GenCon Padme costume! Hooray!

8 Random Things About Me!
1. I don't like odd numbers and prime numbers feel weird to me... like chalk. I've tested it and the weird prime feeling doesn't extend to the bazillion digit primes, but I think that's because those don't scan as single numbers to (they're more like ID numbers at that point).
2. I have had a "best friend" for as long as I can remember and am never without one, though the person who carries the title changes every so often.
3. I am not a kid person, but I have always known that I wanted to be a mother. I feel supremely lucky that I was able to secure a partner who is an excellent co-parent and that so far we have been successfully fertile together.
4. I generally only have one leisure activity that I do regularly at a time - I'll go months where I only read in my free time, and then months where I only sew, then months where I watch movies, etc.
5. I have only once successfully kept a plant alive through it's entire life cycle (an African Violet from my wedding).
6. My favorite color is and has always been purple, all shades.
7. I love gender and drag. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized that other people do not usually deliberately choose their gender identity, and generally only do when they're not "cis." I love "being a girl" but would be just as happy (maybe happier?) "being a boy" - the tipping point for me was that I'm heteroromantic and wanted to use my uterus to make people; outwardly identifying as a girl/woman makes those things much easier. I often think that the world would be a better place if more people reflected openly on their own gender identity.
8. 8 is favorite number and always has been, I also really like 4.

No comments: