Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cosplay Bucket List: Pregnancy Edition

I just had the realization that this may be my last ever pregnancy and thus my last pregnant cosplay chance - this is especially important because I intend to be obvious by GenCon and pretty darn big by Halloween. This got me thinking about what costumes I wanted to rock taking advantage of my fecundity, here are my top two (if you can think of other good ones, shout them out!)



I love Padme and this second trimeter get up would totally work for me for GenCon 2014. I've got a pair of black boots that would work and could theoretically find some aqua leggings (like these or these perhaps?), then it's a question of buying some fake suede-like beige fabric for the gauntlets and tunic, then fixing myself a space posture support vest-thing. The difficulty would be with the decorative elements - the left arm gauntlet has some embroidery which I'm having a hard time finding a clear picture of online (but I could either fake it or leave it off) and there are the broach and closure on the posture support vest-thingy:
I could get some scuply and spray paint it but I am not sure my artistic skills would be up to the challenge... I've got about 6 weeks to pull it together or to say F it and not bother... Humph.

My other pregnant cosplay desire is this meme:
I mean, pregnant Batman. The issue is of course that I wouldn't have a superman to go with (Boybee works while at conventions these days and I don't think I have any friends going). I could go the lazy meme route and get something like this though...
Except with my belly hanging out... Because I am classy like that. Yup. Very classy, or should I say 'klassy'?



1 comment:

beckyzoole said...

So, are you taking Aviva to GenCon? Because, if you're not, may I babysit please please please?