Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why My Hummus is Mild

For lunch today I decided to put my cuisinart to use and make some hummus, Boybee got me canned hummus-pea-things (what are these called in English?) and we garlic and lemon juice so I got to cuisinarting.

Just as I was adding the whole garlic gloves (in addition to the garlic olive oil we made from Jules) and the lemon juice to my partially cuisinarted hummus, a GIANT black spider jumped out from behind the toaster oven! I called the cats in to get it and they came but the spider had already darted *in to my cabinets* - ick!!! At that point, the hummus was done, and if it wasn't, I was done with the kitchen so I took my carrot sticks and my ~hummus and left. It isn't that bad since most of the garlic got chopped up, but it would be better if there weren't still almost whole bits floating around and instead being mushed and diffusing their deliciousness throughout the hummus.

The moral of this story is, if you don't like spiders don't live in a 100-year-old building in the spring.

No comments: