Saturday, January 26, 2008

Making up for lost time

Thursday was my first day of work at the Big Hospital. It was a pretty standard but uneventful day and I loved it. The nurses on our floor are funny anf competent and likeable, my supervisor is sweet and I really like her.  If that were my real job (and not just my practicum) I would be really happy.

I get there a little before 9:30 and it's right on the light-rail system, so I can take the train. Then meet with the nurse who lets us know which patients to see and why they were referred to us. We make the rounds and do assesments, see who needs further referrrals or counseling, povide that and then write it all up in their charts. Then the rest of the day is taken up by working to get donations and putting together publicity packets and other little projects to help people out. It's really enjoyable.

So far, this semester is definitely good enough to make up for how aweful last semester was.

No comments: