Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Milestone

Last night, I had some friends over. We ordered pizza, ate TWO KINDS OF CAKE, and played a bunch of games. This was not the milestone referred to in the title of this post, though two kinds of cake makes any gathering grand. We played Sentinels of the Multiverse and beat Citizen Dawn on advanced mode without letting her flip!

This Canadian will fuck you up.

Even the amazing feat was not the milestone! I was a member of a team that achieved this once before - mainly because I think the only way to beat her on advanced is to keep her from flipping because... ouch!* No, the milestone in my life was that for the first time EVER, I won a game of Apples to Apples! It came down to a tie breaker between two of us, so everyone else judged on the verb "Spunky" we each submitted one card chosen from our hands and then top decked the second card we submitted as a randomizer. I won with Carnival Workers - totally Spunky. :P

I am very proud of myself. 

*I've often thought though that if you could get her to flip by turn three (which is the earliest she could) and making the priority being mitigating damage to heros and building up reserves until she flips back, but there are more unknowns and potential environment traps when you let her flip.

No comments: