Friday, January 30, 2009

Feeling like a grown up

Today I feel very old. I went to class, ran errands and sat on the phone for many hours getting life insurance quotes, mortgage refinancing quotes and discussing IRA and mutual fund options... I am such an adult. It's almost gross. 

In more exciting news, my cousin just had a healthy baby girl! Now my dad and his brother are spending most of their time talking about how great it is to be grandpas. They're such dorks. The baby weighed 2.2 kilos and was born on the 28th. I am 90% super happy and about 10% bummed that we can't go meet her right away (that whole them being a 15 hour (god knows how expensive) plane ride away and all). Half of my family has yet to meet my 7 month old nephew (7 months!?!) and it's just weird to have family I don't yet know. That's what sucks the most about being a 1st gener, being far away from family. 

No comments: