Thursday, December 13, 2007

On Why You Need Your Ears

Ears are so amazing, and I admit, I have taken mine for granted. After years of not giving my ears the love and respect they deserved, going so far as to get a stupid piercing at a mall when I was 13 that I have since let close-up, my ears have decided to take a hiatus from usefulness.

While in the frozen nothern wastelands, visiting Boybee's parents, I caught a nasty little virus. I tried to sleep it off and drink lots of fluids, but alas, healthy is not the word I would use to describe a graduate student's schedule during finals. After spending a week voiceless, a few days ago I could speak again, but strangely, I can't hear. I also have a hacking cough, but that isn't too strange.

Right now, I can hear my breath going through my nose and down into my lungs, but I can't hear what people say when they speak to me, especially on my right side. 

Oh, ears, I promise if you come back to functionality, I'll treat you right! I'll clean you regularly with cutips and try not to get over-excited and poke too far back. I'll even get you pierced in a new and nice way, maybe even to cover up that old scar. You would like that, right? Please ears, if you're reading this, I miss you.

No comments: